Boneless cured pork belly stuffed with pumpkin seed-arugula pesto & pork tenderloin. A classic Italian roast, perfect for family dinners and cold nights inside.
ingredients: pork belly, pork tenderloin, salt, sugar, water, arugula, pumpkin seeds, parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, basil, fennel, pepper.-----
- Remove porchetta from the freezer and let thaw in the fridge for 2 days prior to cooking.
- Remove from fridge 2 hours before cooking.
- Remove porchetta from bag, pat skin dry and liberally salt the skin to give it a beautifully crisp crackling, placing on a wire rack in a roasting pan, ensuring the roast isn’t touching the bottom of the roast pan.
- Preheat oven to 425F and cook for 30 minutes, reduce heat to 325F and continue to cook for 2.5 hours.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.