Perfect for a busy weeknight, this marinated salmon is ready to be popped into the oven and enjoyed!
Image display only. Items packaged separately and ready to be cooked.
Sweet Chili & Ginger Sauce: tamarind sauce, rice wine vinegar, jalapeños, cayenne, chili flakes, ketchup, garlic, ginger, molasses/sugar, corn starch, soy sauce, waters.
- Defrost the salmon in the fridge 24 hours before cooking.
- Preheat skillet on medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Remove salmon from banana leaf. Discard banana leaf.
- Place salmon skin side down in skillet.
- When about half of fillet turns a light pink colour, about 4 minutes, use a spatula or tongs to flip it. Watch the skillet temperature and if the skin starts browning too quickly, lower the element and continue to cook. If it sticks to the pan, stop and let it cook a little longer.
- Cook for 2-5 more minutes on the second side. Timing depends on how thick the fillet is and how done you like your fish. You’ll know it’s ready when the flesh flakes with a fork but is still translucent in the centre.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: long grain rice and grilled vegetables of your choice.